Monday, March 01, 2010

Open to the Opposite

Someone had told me that when you are pregnant you're not supposed to eat eggs with soft yolks. I don't eat a ton of eggs anyways, but when I do I tend to enjoy them with runny yolks - over easy or soft boiled for the most part.

Christopher prefers his eggs scrambled, so I took this as an opportunity to learn how to perfect the art of scrambling an egg. What I discovered in my research is that I had been doing everything exactly wrong.

When scrambling eggs in the past, I used to break them and mix them up in a bowl with a little bit of milk before putting them in the hot pan. Then I tossed them around for a minute or so and dumped them on the plate.

The scrambled egg recipe I found that I liked the most was from Gordon Ramsay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_B3QNu_Ks

Following his recipe, you don't break the eggs until AFTER they are in the pan, and you cook them slowly over LOW heat, adding the cream at the end. Who knew?!?

Since uncovering this secret to the perfect scrambled egg I have to say that I have enjoyed them much more than I have in the past. And Christopher gave the recipe a thumbs up too. So if you make scrambled eggs the way I used to, try doing the opposite and see what you think!

No comments: