Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Early!

All the people I know that are expecting babies around this time have been having them early. One little girl arrived 3 days early, another little boy 13 days early, and a friend due in May already knows she will be induced 2 weeks early. It has just hit me like a ton of bricks that this kiddo could show up anytime now!

So do I feel ready? Well although our nursery is all set and we've taken our pre-natal classes, I can still list a few things that I want/need to do:

  • pack our bags for the hospital
  • launder the baby's linens & clothes
  • vacuum the nursery
  • sterilize bottles
  • make space in our kitchen cupboard for the bottle sterilizer, bottles, drying rack, etc.
  • find "homes" for the bouncer seat & infant swing (why is baby stuff so huge?!?)
  • attend a child & infant CPR course (I have been having a really hard time finding these classes)
  • sew a tag blanket with the leftover material I have from my nursery basket liner project
  • have dinner at Red Lobster - I am a sucker for those Cheddar Bay biscuits!
  • watch Alice in Wonderland in 3D
  • attend my 3 remaining pre-natal yoga classes
And beyond this list - does anyone ever really feel fully and completely prepared to become a parent for the first time?

Tick-tock, the countdown is on!

No comments: