Sunday, December 02, 2007

Mouse Hole for Cat

This weekend's special project was to cut a hole in our basement door for the cat. We used to leave the door ajar for her, but our basement seriously lacks insulation. So we need to keep the door shut to keep the hot air upstairs and the cold air down (I'm trying to pre-empt a potential heart attack from an oil bill for $1000!). However her litter box and food is in the basement, thus our need for the mouse hole.

I borrowed a jig saw from a coworker of mine (thanks A) and we went to work. For my first time using a jig saw, I think I did a pretty good job (especially since we didn't have any scrap wood to practise on).



Bango really likes her door. She likes to hide behind the door peeking out from behind the opening. It took all of 5 minutes and a half-dozen Whiskas Temptations Savory Salmon treats and she was trained. Smart kitty!

Next I'm going to work on making a little flap for the hole with the cutout wood for further energy savings. Now I'm putting my handiness to the test!

No comments: