Thursday, December 27, 2007

Advent Presents

For Christmas and his birthday this year I am treating Christopher to a trip to Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon & Florida in January. This left me with nothing to leave him under the tree for Christmas morning. And for someone like me who LOVES to buy gifts for people I was completely distressed.

So I decided that I would surprise him with Advent Presents (they're not Christmas presents). Starting on December 1st through the 25th, everyday I presented Christopher with a little something. Nothing fancy since I had promised him that I wouldn't spend any more money on him over the holidays. But just a little treat - here is the list:

1. Advent calendar
2. Double chocolate muffins
3. Set of drill bits
4. Caprese salad (his favourite)
5. New keyboard for his laptop
6. Chocolate chip granola bars
7. Pizza from Harry's Pizza, the best pizza joint in West Hartford
8. Gift card for a Java Chip Frappuccino from Starbucks
9. Shoelaces (to replace the one he had broken the day before)
10. White cake with chocolate chips & chocolate icing
11. Rubber feet for the laptop (to prevent it from sliding off the table)
12. Winter gloves
13. Dark chocolate bar
14. Tickets to Warren Miller's Playground
15. 3 new shirts from Jos. A. Bank (they were having a Christmas door-crasher and I couldn't help myself - they were such an amazing deal)
16. Dinner from his favourite wing place
17. 25 ft. RCA cable to connect his subwoofer with (handmade by yours truly!)
18. New Order CD - Singles
19. Ski gloves
20. Gift card for a McDonald's hot fudge sundae
21. IOU for FATBURGER in Las Vegas
22. UCONN hoodie
23. IOU for pizza @ Grimmaldi's in Las Vegas (supposedly the best around)
24. Book (Now I Can Die in Peace) by Bill Simmons (aka ESPN's Sportsguy, one of his favourite sports columnists)
25. Wii rental for 5 days + 2 games to entertain us over the holidays. This sure was a hit with my cousin's kids!

No comments: