Wednesday, January 10, 2007

When the cat is away...

...the mice will eat mussels?!?

Now don't get me wrong - Christopher is extremely good about eating whatever I prepare for dinner. But there are a few things that he would prefer not to eat. And while he is always telling me that I can make whatever my heart desires for dinner, it just seems much too selfish to go through the trouble of making a meal that only I will enjoy, leaving him to fend for himself.

Now that I have to prepare dinner for one these days, I am taking advantage of this opportunity to make some things that Christopher would rather not eat. Like my dinner last night - a huge bowl of Steamed Mussels with Leeks, Garlic, Thyme, White Wine & Butter. While Christopher will eat a few mussels, there's no way he would be able to eat an entire bowl as his meal. But don't these look good?

No comments: