Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Does Newman deliver our mail?

Christopher has this theory about our mail delivery person. He thinks they take 1 day a week off - usually Wednesdays.

On any standard mail-delivery day we typically get something delivered to our mailbox. It's true that most pieces of mail we receive are junk mail, but it's still mail nonetheless. However we have been noticing that sometimes a day will go by where I don't see the mail delivery truck at all from my office window, the dog doesn't bark at the mailman making a delivery to our house or either of the houses next to us, and we don't receive any mail.

And then the next day we notice a few extra pieces of mail in our box, as if 2 days worth of mail is now being delivered at once. Of course this is just speculation on our part, but it is suspicious. I guess I could ask our neighbors if they also did not receive any mail on the same day.

I don't know why we care so much, it's not like we ever receive anything all that important via mail. I guess we are just fascinated that someone could be so bold as to skip out on an entire day's work. And if our mail delivery person is playing hooky, I hope they are at least doing something fun!

No comments: