Monday, February 23, 2009

Craigslist Miracle!

It's funny how fast your life can change sometimes...

On Thursday evening the phone rings - a guy wants to phone interview Christopher for a job he had applied to a week and a half ago. At the end of the call they set up a time to meet in person the next day. Friday Christopher heads into Brooklyn for the interview and comes home with a job offer. Friday evening I scout out a few sublets and send some e-mails to set up appointments to view them. Saturday morning we head into to Brooklyn together and secure a very nice furnished apartment in Park Slope, only a 9-minute walk to the office.

Both the job and the apartment were found via Craigslist. It's a Craigslist Miracle!

I know that Christopher wants to come home to CT for most weekends, but I am super excited about having a pied-a-terre in NY. I am always looking for excuses to go into the city and visit friends, and now that I'll have a place to stay it makes it super convenient! Plus the owner loves dogs, so he's cool with Tyson coming for the weekend. Springtime in the city - I can't wait!

While waiting for Christopher to arrive back home on Friday evening I whipped up this sign with some scissors and blank printer paper. I'm pretty proud of my craftiness:

No comments: