Monday, December 22, 2008

Santa's Little Helpers

This past weekend we were hit with 2 winter storms that dropped around 12 inches of snow on us Friday and Sunday. So Christopher and I hibernated ourselves indoors. I only left the house to walk the D.O.G with Christopher and Tyson making regular trips out to keep our driveway and sidewalks clear.

Whilst holed up inside, we worked like little Christmas Elves. Christopher kept busy making batch after batch of his famous Almond Florentine, which we boxes up to give out to friends, family & neighbors for the holidays. And I worked diligently on making 6 superhero capes for the little ones in my family. The capes are double-sided (so that's like making 12 regular capes!) and have velcro closures at the neck (so the kids can't strangle/choke themselves). This was my first sewing project since making a pair of boxer shorts in Grade 7. We even bought a brand-new sewing machine just for this! I was plenty worried about ruining my cousins' kids Christmas gifts, nevermind wasting money on a sewing machine I would never use again.

All in all though, I think the capes turned out pretty well. I made logos for Batman, Superman, Wonderpets, and a Princess crown. Hope they like them!

No comments: