Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Waterfire

This weekend Christopher's parents came down to visit us and to see the fall colours.

It was also the last weekend for the Waterfire exhibit in Providence, RI where they light 100 bonfires along the river that runs right through the center of the city. I had been meaning to check it out all summer long after first reading about it in the paper, but never had the time.

Fortunately for me, our visitors were up for the drive to Providence so off we went. The weather was perfect - a clear night that was just warm enough. The fires were a sight to see and the reflection off the water was beautiful. I've always had a thing for fires - I can sit and stare at a campfire all night. In our house I (more than Christopher) am the one to suggest a fire in our fireplace and am the one to build it.

The pictures don't really do it justice, but here are a few so you get the idea:



No comments: