Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Ouchie!

I have a canker sore in my mouth right now and it's driving me nuts! These things totally suck. I think I have really low tolerance for oral pain. I seem to remember a lot of complaining and feeling sorry for myself whenever I had my braces tightened... And don't even remind me about my wisdom teeth - I was KO'd for over a week.

Christopher did a little online research about some things that have been linked to causing canker sores. One of the things he found was that a foaming agent in toothpaste, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), has been known to cause canker sores (or aphthous ulcers) in people.

He then decided that I *might* be one of these types of people and headed off to the drugstore to buy us a new type of toothpaste - sans SLS. (yes I know, this guy will do anything to procrastinate from studying for the bar exam! I can't say I blame him though - I've seen the study materials, 6-7 books each with at least 1000 pages - yikes!)

I guess Christopher was tired of hearing me complaining about my canker sores yesterday and was kind enough to head back to the store to buy me some Anbesol (an oral anesthetic) to numb my pain. I have never used it before, but I have to say that it works fairly well. The only down side is that it wears of super fast.

The day when these things are all gone can't come soon enough!

No comments: