Monday, June 25, 2007

Chi-town

Last week I was in Chicago for work. People often say that Chicago and Toronto have alot in common. I can see some of the similarities. It is very clean and the Magnificent Mile is quite similar to Bloor Street.

There's also no shortage of great restaurants there. I had a nice meal at Frontera Grill as well as my new favourite restaurant - Shaw's Crab House. A place that serves seafood, has a fabulous oyster bar, and makes great sushi as well - I couldn't ask for anything more!

Surprisingly enough, I didn't get the opportunity to savour some Chicago deep dish pizza, and a Chicago-style hot dog. I'll save that for my next trip. Like I said - no shortage of great restaurants!

While in town some old colleagues of mine made the trip in from Naperville, IL to have dinner with me one night. The traffic in Chicago would put Toronto to shame, so I truly appreciate them making the trek in to see li'l ole me - thanks guys! And Chris's friend M was in town just for the day to attend the telco trade show I was working at, so that was a nice surprise as well.

No comments: