Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

I have always had a thing for Halloween. I'm not exactly sure why, but I always have fun decorating and carving pumpkins. Plus it's fun to hand out candy to the kiddies and see their cute costumes!

One of my colleagues was telling me about his sons' costume ideas. His younger son came up with the idea to go as an old suitcase. They have an old suitcase at home and they were just going to cut a hole for his head, and arm & leg holes. How cool is that? And he came up with the idea all by himself!

Nancy & Christopher's Halloween Statistics:

Number of trick-o-treaters that visited us: 82

Price of pumpkins in Massachusetts & Connecticut: $0.37-$0.50/lb (much more expensive than Toronto. My 3 pumpkins cost me $25 this year, but last year I took advantage of the Loblaws pumpkin sale, buying 7 pumpkins for $2 each!)

Time of first trick-o-treater: ~6:10pm
Time of last trick-o-treater: ~8pm
Number of pumpkins we carved: 3
Number of treats we purchased: 246
What we gave away: Doritos, Cheetos, Snickers, Hershey, Twix, & Kit Kat
Average number of treats given out per trick-o-treater: 2.33
Number of treats for pre/post Halloween consumption by Nancy & Christopher: 55 :)

No comments: