Thursday, August 06, 2009

Evening Dog Walk

One thing about working from my home office is that it makes me really want to get out of the house at the end of the day. Not leaving the house to commute to an office, if I haven't gone outside all day I feel rather cagey by the evening. Sometime I have time around lunchtime to take Tyson for a errand-walk to the center of town, to do some banking, drop off/pick up a book from the library, etc.

But other days when I'm too busy to get away during the workday after I'm finished working I need to leave the house to just de-compress and relax. That way, when I come back home I can enjoy my evening. Today was one of those days, so after work I grabbed Tyson's leash and we headed over to the Reservoir #6 just around the corner from our house. There is a 3.7 mile trail around the perimeter of the reservoir and it was so beautiful and serene, the perfect way to finish my day.

Here are some pics from our walk that I snapped with my Blackberry:

These ducks hopped into the water and swam off as soon as we got close to them. They had no intention of being Tyson's dinner! He was watched them intently as they paddled away.

No comments: