Friday, February 02, 2007

When your nose doesn't know...

For the past little while I've been fighting a cough/cold. My nose is all red and sensitive and I have gone through so many boxes of tissues! I don't feel bad other than this though. But what annoys me the most is not being able to smell. And more importantly, not being able to taste. I really feel crippled by the

loss of these two senses. Well, I can still taste very basic categories of sweet/salty/sour/bitter, but eating isn't very fun.

Now, you would think that not being able to taste anything would make me less interested in eating. However, I have been going through the opposite - I am craving food more! What's happening is that my brain still remembers what it is like to taste things. And it wants them. But when I eat the things that it wants, it can't taste those flavours so the craving isn't satisfied. So crazy!

No comments: