Sunday, December 10, 2006

G-Dub's Hood


This past week I was in Washington D.C. for work. I have only been to DC one other time - back in Grade 7 for our American History trip. This trip was almost cancelled because of the Operation Desert Storm - I remember how lame I thought this was when they announced this to the class, and how happy we all were when they told us the trip was back on a few weeks later.

The weather was great this past week - it was a little cold, but the sky was blue and clear each day. One afternoon I had some time to walk around and check out some of the sites. Everything is so well signed in the city and the streets are organized with letters & numbers (N-S streets with letters and E-W streets numbered). Even without a map I never had any problems getting around and seeing all the sights.

I enjoyed a late lunch one day at a tapas restaurant called Jaleo. It was delicious and the prices were totally reasonable. I had a huge bowl of their steamed mussels for only $6.95 - so yummy! If you happen to be in DC I highly recommend this place if you're in the neighbourhood.

PS. I know I've been a little behind in my posting, but I've caught up. Check out what we've been up to for the past few weeks below.

No comments: