Wednesday, November 29, 2006

American Thanksgiving

For US Thanksgiving Christopher and I made our first trip back home since we moved down to Connecticut. I was so excited to go back and catch up with old friends. Our schedule was jam packed trying to fit in seeing as many friends and family members as we possibly could, as well as trying to hit our favourite restaurants for cuisine we have not yet found a suitable replacement for in the US (mostly Asian food).

A summary of the weekend - I'd say it was a very successful trip:
- saw both sets of parents, obviously
- ate lunch with 3 of my cousins (and 3 of their little ones)
- had dim sum :)
- took my parents to see Wicked for my mom's birthday and enjoyed a wonderful pre-show meal at Hiro Sushi
- saw Christopher's friends' new Subaru WRX STI and Toyota RAV4
- used up a free night stay at the Pantages Hotel that I won at a golf tournament this past summer for ladies' closest to the pin
- was treated to a yummy lunch at my old fave Congee Star by my old colleagues from work - thanks guys, I miss you!
- coffee-talk with a couple friends catching up on all sorts of gossip :)
- took care of some errands: safety certified our car so we could buy it out (which we also did), got an oil change, did some banking, returned some defective dishes back to William Ashley (be sure to check your china patter very carefully - I was shocked to see the kind of defects they let out the door)
- spent 2 nights in Toronto catching up with several good friends
- enjoyed a great home-cooked meal at Chris's parents' home

Our next trip back home will be over Christmas (Dec 23rd - Jan 1st). If you're gonna be around, let us know - we'll get together for some Holiday cheer :)

No comments: